Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 14 to 17, 2014'slow times'

This week so far has been very slow on the bus journeys. On Monday, I awoke later than usual after a busy day on Sunday and several misadventures. I was just not on the mood to rush for the early bus at 6.30 and hence I ended up getting the 7.30 Bridgetown from Bayfield. Of course at this time of the morning, it was fully into the morning rush hour traffic and hence we met the full back to back gridlock at the Two-mile, Haggath Hall and Government Hill sections of Highway 5. Needless to say I got to Bridgetown about 9.00 am, the first time I have arrived so late since starting the bus chronicles.

On Tuesday the 16th, I didn't take the bus as I drove that day.

Today, Wednesday, I got out the door a little late and hence missed the 6.30 SLC by about 5 minutes. While waiting at the stop I saw the mother of baby Jamilla who arrived late also and we had the similar comment that some days, you're just not in the mood to be rushing, especially as a long weekend approches. No buses were seen passing, so we took the first available vehicle coming along, which happened to be a Bayfield minibus. All the seats were just taken as we entered, so we had to stand for the journey. Surprisingly although the driver was playing music, it was not the crude and boisterous dub music or promotional CDs for some upcoming fete as is the norm. The music was moderately loud and tolerable and although not my type was tasteful. We stood in the bus until the bottom of Government Hill by the Nita Barrow Roundabout where I eventually got a seat. Even though there was moderate traffic, I was still able to get to town by 7.45, which was still much faster than taking the 6.30 SLC.

Thankfully every day this week we all had a safe trip and we're grateful for the travelling mercies of the day, especially after hearing the news that as much as 300 travellers may have lost their lives in a ferry accident in Korea.

¡Gracias a Dios!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!