Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 9 2014 'bus driver gets reported'

Today was a most unusual day on the bus. 

Firstly, as I reached the stop I noticed that preparations were being made for what appeared to be a bus shelter to be erected. This was an idea that Comp and I had a few weeks before and was actively exploring with MTW. It seems that someone else had similar plans and had beaten us to the finish line. We will still however continue with our queries.

Secondly, the SLC came down earlier than usual about 6.25 and was the first bus to arrive, normally it is preceded by the Bayfield and the Silver Sands buses. As I boarded the almost empty bus, the only persons I recognized were R2 and the intruder. The intruder was sitting in the second row on the right next to R2's regular seat and R2 had shifted over to the other side. Since R2 was now on the left alone, I sat in the seat beside her in the empty place usually taken by R2L.

Thirdly, I noted to R2 that the others had deserted me and that I was travelling alone today, we exchanged a few comments then I observed that something was different. The driver was driving very recklessly, so that everyone was sliding all over  at every curve and corner he took. R2 was constantly sliding down and always adjusting her position. I was complaining about this to her and even made the comment that what the Minister said about putting seat belts on the buses made sense, if this was the way the drivers were going to be driving. It became so overbearing, that I decided to write a formal complaint and started to compose an email to send to the customer service dept.

Fourthly, the almost unthinkable occurred. As I was about to take a photo of my receipt to include in my email, I heard the sound of police sirens. There were three buses in line and I naturally assumed that  the officer wanted to pass the buses as he was on some urgent business. The buses did not pull over however and when we reached the stop outside the airport, the driver pulled into the bay and got out of the bus. I can't be sure what was the reason for being stopped, but given the way he was driving previously, I'm sure it was connected to that. I finished my email to the customer service about the poor driving and sent that off the the authorities registering my disgust.

Fifthly, at Oistins, who appeared in the bus but R2L. She came and stood in the aisle beside R2 and I and asked me to hold her bags. She asked if the driver got reported and explained that when she got to the stop, she heard that the bus had already left. She was surprised, since it was still early so she took the Silver Sands instead and came to Oistins. It also seemed that since the bus was pulled over, she was able to pass it on the way and reach to Oistins before we did. 


Sixthly, whilst standing, R2L noticed an empty seat and went to sit in the back of the bus. However, instead of taking her bags, she told me to hold the bags for her whilst she went and sat in the back. I was shocked at that! A woman normally does not leave her bags unattended, unless she has no choice, but for her to leave her bags to go to sit, was unexpected. It seemed she had some confidence that her possessions were safe.

She later retrieved her bags as she left and R2 said farewell on departing. I took the remainder of the trip to compose this narrative.

A very interesting morning, one of several firsts. I wait now to see if I will get a response to my complaint.


 To all of you have a  safe day!!

Bendiciones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!