Friday, March 14, 2014

March 14 2014 'comp's greeting and the referee'

Today, little baby Jillia was at the stop with her mom and brother. This time she was fast asleep and escaped the antics of a wannabe mother, Comp. Ms. QOTY was there and MyM but the other regulars were absent.

On entry, we saw the expected, Row2 was again in row 1 and the intruder in the row 2 spot. It is evident that this will be the new order, and hence to avoid confusion, when Row2 is in the first row, she will be designated Row2.1. Well, today Row2.1 greeted Comp with a hello and a smile for the first time ever. I received an upward glance, but no verbal greeting. R2L was absent and also P, so none of the other regulars were there. We sat in row 4, 2 rows behind the side door. 

Along the route a few of the other known passengers got in, 2G2B2'S brother and fat and jolly. The Kolij twins got on at their stop but no sleepyhead. Julianna lookalike boarded and  then at the Cutter's stop, BDD got on. At first she was looking for a seat up front, but when she saw us in the back I beckoned to her to come and sit in the seat in front of us in row 3 by the door. Having run out of mints yesterday, I had two mini chocolates and I offered one to BDD, who was glad for the upgrade and smiled with a thank you. I was reserving the other mini chocolate for the slim jeaned student (SJS) but she was not out today. 

I was later surprised when I was consulted to be a referee in a conversation that BDD was having with a school boy she was talking to. She looked back and asked if "Samsung wasn't the best?". I understood that they were talking about cell phones and were discussing the most popular brand. I answered that "my preference was really for iphones", and then hearing the talk of blackberries added that " I have a blackberry that runs on android, so its close to the samsung" . This supported BDD's argument, so it  strengthened her case. Having gained full fledged acceptance, I now am assured that we are no longer strangers. Comp emboldened by the interaction, leans forward and asks BDD her name and is given her christian name. It was a common and popular modern  girl's name. She later got off at Oistins to get the school bus.

The remainder of the trip was as usual uneventful, with Comp relating numerous stories. I have not spoken so much in the last 5 years. I will take the weekend to rest my jaws and vocal cords. 

I am quite surprised with the experiences we've had this week on the bus. We're certainly much closer to the persons we've met than the same time last week and I believe everyone had been positively impacted. I just goes to show 'how a little, can be a lot'!

¡Tenga un buen fin de semana!

Have a good weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!