Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27 2014 'AC closes umbrella'

 


As I approached the stop today, it was overcast with heavy clouds. There was some rain earlier in   the  morning  and I  wondered, if given the warning that I would not be welcomed to share Comp's umbrella, if I should  not take my half-broken one. As I got to the stop, AC pulls up at the same time, and then Comp comes trotting down the sidewalk with her noisy shoes announcing her arrival. It was at this point that I noticed a beautiful rainbow arcing across the sky.

We waved at AC, and the others present and Comp then began to relate a long twisting story about her getting a ticket for BSSAC. The rain started to fall at this point and looking for shelter I noticed that AC had her umbrella open and so I moved towards her. As I got closer, she began to close the umbrella and in alarm I said 'Not you too!'. I expressed my surprised and disappointment that she would deny me the use of her umbrella and that I expected such behaviour from Comp but not her. She later apologised and explained that when she saw us moving, she assumed the bus was coming and was closing the umbrella in preparation for taking the bus. So she reopened the umbrella and we shared its cover, while the few drops fell.

Whilst under the umbrella, little Jillia and mother comes along and surprisingly, the little baby on seeing Comp, starts to wave and smile at her. Everyone is alarmed at the reaction of the baby to Comp including AC. As we began to board I tried to see if Jillia would give me a wave also, using my sweetest face and tenderest voice but without success. My charm obviously does not extend to babies.

On board, no R2 or Penny. The front row is empty on both sides  but R2L is out today.  So being ahead. I sat on the left in front of R2L, I pulled her bag to indicate I saw her and said "good to see you". Comp sits but does not notice R2L so intent on giving the final episode of her 'miracle ticket'. The story took forever to conclude, but had a happy ending so was worth the wait.

The bus was sparse and few of the regulars present, until the Hedding's corner when 'slim jeans (SJ)' got on board. She greeted Comp with a wave and a smile but surprisingly, I was not acknowledged at all. Comp observed it and postulated that it was because of the incident on Tuesday that caused this reaction.

Comp and I considered the matter for a while and then remembered the mint bag. Out came the grey (black) bag, and the distribution began, R2L was given hers and to which she commented "This is very late today", with me agreeing and  taking one. Comp was putting up the bag when I suggested that slim jeans should be offered one at this time also.  It was Comp's intention to do so at the point of her departure, but I felt it would look strange the do so, so long after the others. So she brought back out the bag, but then realised that all the mints were gone. She took a mini chocolate instead and passed it across the aisle to SJ. SJ gratefully accepted the gift and began to consume it immediately. I took the empty mint bag from Comp and calling out to SJ showed her the empty bag and remarked "we are all out of stock and need to get a refill". To which she replied "you definitely need to".

Given the opening in communication once more with SJ, the topic moved to school sports. I beckoned across the aisle and mouthed to her asking if she went to Combermere. When she finally understood, she said no, Springer, and that she would be supporting them today and tomorrow at the games. We then embarked on a session discussing the event and with me admonishing Comp when she attended, to look across the field at the coral stoned buildings on the Waterford corner to see which school she should support and give her loyalty. Being naturally contrary, she declined to do so!!

Comp soon left  and then AC and finally SJ. This time as she departed, I was given a wave and goodbye. The estrangement was apparently ended.

The last time the mint bag was empty we got a donation to replace it. The call is now out for another donation. Any kindhearted reader is invited to do so!!

Acts 20:35 (RV09)
... y tener presente las palabras del Señor Jesús, el cual dijo: Más bienaventurada cosa es dar que recibir.

Acts 20:35 (KJV)
... and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!