Friday, March 21, 2014

March 20 2014 - Row2 'Up and On!'


This was the day that we were able to strike up an interest and conversation with R2. It was another quiet day at the stop, with not many travellers on the road. On boarding the bus, we noticed that there were few passengers on board and that R2 was in her regular seat. So, today instead of sitting in row 1 with Comp, I moved over to row 2. Actually I did sit with Comp but looking back and seeing the vacant seat in row 2, decided to move over.

Before the move, Comp remarked to R2 that her friend,'the intruder' was absent today, to which the response was given, "it seems so". I then asked if I could sit in the seat for a minute and leaving my bag with Comp, moved back one space. I first said I had come to apologize, if by chance she had gotten the impression that I was bothering her by the offer of the mints the days before. She said "of course not", and a conversation developed.

At the Long Bay corner, no sign was seen of the familiar aquamarine, so it was assumed that NC would be absent once again. She had however played a trick on us and had changed colours to avoid early detection. Today she wore a white polo shirt and black pants. I took the colours as a sign of her contrition and forgave her, seeing she was wearing such somber colours. Comp made some remark about "which school we went too ?" (such impertinence!!), which made me ask R2 "did you go to Combermere too?"

CAUTION CAWMERE RANT AHEAD!!

I should have known that the answer to that question would have been yes. The quiet demeanour, and poise, the confidence and elegant behaviour and angelic smile all were tell-tale signs of being infused with the spirit and ethos of Waterford. I had noticed some unconscious connection from the first time she was observed on the bus, but until now was not sure what was the irresistible bond that knitted the common hearts together of all fellow Cawmerians. It now made sense, she was one of us.

END OF RANT!

After this confession, a discussion continued on all things Cawmerian. Of course, it would be out of place to disclose the contents of the conversation for uncircumcised ears, so please excuse the absence of a detailed report.

Comp was visibly uncomfortable in the presence  and surrounded by such an illustrious trio. But she can be comforted that she lived near to the school and was already blessed with the honour of having friends who attended there and being raised in such close proximity. 

I asked for my offering from the bag. I turned over the mints and new additions to the bag to Comp last night, after her disparaging remarks about my forgetfulness. I knew that her hoarding tendencies were more suited to the task anyway, so I was not too perturbed by the comments. I got a mini snickers chocolate  and R2 when offered by Comp said she ate chocolates but did not want any. NC declined saying she did not like ginger.

The remainder of the ride went smoothly,  and when my new comrade left, I saluted her with a farewell "Up and On!".

We only saw  Penny  and  the Julianna lookalike of the regulars today, but I was satisfied that the trip was well spent, and besides it's Friday!

Gracias a Dios que es viernes! (Thank God it's Friday!!)

Bendiciones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!