Friday, March 28, 2014

March 28 2014 'BDD and Comp goes BSSAC'

Today, the stop was empty with hardly any persons there. I was sincerely hoping to see some of the regulars, as I had no direct change and the smallest note was a five dollar bill. The option crossed my mind of taking a minibus, but I resisted it for obvious reasons. Comp was not going to be out today, after getting her miracle ticket she was probably packing a picnic basket to head to the stadium, so I was all alone.  The only person at the stop was the busfare bully's victim. Seeing I needed change, I resolved to try a different approach from Comp and to use what I would call busfare pooling, instead of bullying. I asked her about the bus going up and told her that  I had no change and asked if I could pay for her. Being compliant, she readily handed me her fare. By the time the bus came, another person had come to the stop and I did the same again, so I paid the fares for all and kept  the change.

On the bus, R2 was in her seat and the intruder in the seat behind her, but no other known person was recognised. I sat in our regular seats in row 1 and said hello to R2 as I passed in. By the time we got to the corner NC had called to find out if the bus was on the way. By the time it reached her stop, the seat next to me was still vacant and she sat to complete our row. I gave her an update of the events of the prior days  until we reached the Cutter's stop and BDD got in.

BDD was not in her school uniform but was dressed in jeans and a tee shirt with her Springer tie around her neck, obviously going to BSSAC.  We asked if she was going to sports and if she was a competitor and she said no, her sport was volleyball, but was going to support her school. We  recommended to her that she should cheer for the correct school, that being Combermere, BDD looked at us as if we were lunatics from a mad asylum.  She said that was unthinkable, given that Springer was the champions for the last 11 years. We however reminder her that she was now surrounded by 3 Cawmerians and was outnumbered and it would be in her best interest to comply.  She noted however that 6 other Springer girls were scattered across the bus to come to her aid.  To avoid a outbreak of war, we conceded that she could cheer for Springer and that as a bonus we would also allow them to win the championship again this year. This would however be the last year  we would grant that privilege and from next year would be taking back our rightful due. BDD found this very amusing. 


Later along, I noticed that she had a insulated cup in her hand and asked if she was drinking tea.  She said yes and I expressed shock that a teenager nowadays would be drinking tea and walking about with a mug. I was then educated about modern tea drinking. NC and BDD both explained that drinking designer coffees and tea was all the modern rage. NC related how all the youngsters at her workplace would be drinking, the coffees, cappuccinos and other modern brews and BDD said that she and her friends drank teas often each week. To prove it she pulled out her Italian Coffee House prepaid card and showed it to us. In unbelief, I asked if she would spend $8 to $10 dollars for a cup of tea and she said that with the  card she would be entitled to a 5% discount and also free coffee products on special occasions like birthdays. Trying to tease her, I said that the cup was probably empty or filled with water, and just  being carried to give an impression, but she assured us that it did indeed have tea and that on weekends she and her friends would meet in town at the tea house, to lime and sip a favourite brew.  This was quite interesting and an insight into the modern habits of today's youth.


After the education on coffees and teas, NC left at her stop. At the Boatyard, BDD left with her teacup and I continued to the terminal.

I now would also get a designer tea, a peppermintcino.  

Dios te bendiga!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!