Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 20 2014 'the ginger effect'


Today Comp absolved herself of the responsibility of the custody of the mint bag. When I tried to hand over the donated mints to her safekeeping she flatly denied to accept them and tried to pass it off as an attempt to give me the opportunity to be the benefactor. Obviously, I was able to deduce the real reason was to escape being labeled Ms. Scrooge any longer.

As we boarded the bus, we saw that there was a row 2 convocation. Both row 2s were sitting on the same side, side by side and on the left. The seat in front was vacant so we sat in row 1 left. At the Long Bay corner, again no shining beacon. This is becoming a cause of concern. At least our newest comrade would let us know of the upcoming off days but Non-C is non- compliant and we have to guess about her absences. My suggestion is a 2 day mint penalty for the infraction.

Along the Long Bay road, Comp asks for her mint. I gave one to her and passes one back to R2L, knowing however that Row2 does not like mints I hesitated as I held one in the air and said "I'm sure my friend doesn't want one", without making an actual offer. She smiled that angelic smile and said "No, I don't like mints". At least she knew that the offer was not personal but a general daily happening.

One of the Kolij twins got on board but sleepy head was absent. At the stop we passed what looked like, relatives of sleepy head, a bigger sister or mother and possible brother.  Again today BDD was also not present. 

At the Hedding's corner, slim jeaned student got on. By this time there were no seats left so she stood at the end of the reserved section beside Comp.  As normal she had her big bag and was handing it over for me to hold. This time I feigned resistance complaining that these bags are to heavy but ignoring me she places the bag on my lap. Comp joins in saying that I should be made to carry all the weight and adds her bag to the pile. This elicited smiles from all, as we enjoyed the playful banter.

Later along, we passed the St. Lawrence sisters waiting at the bus stop but as the bus was full it did not stop. It was good however to see little Jamilla back out to school.

When R2 got out at her stop, slim jeaned student took her seat. The posse was being rotated between the four front seats on the left, as she was now next to R2L. I took the opportunity this time to offer her a mint, but was careful to explain and give the following disclaimer.  The mints were ginger mints and were hot. If accepted expect a little sting as I was accepting no liability, it was to be taken at your own risk. She accepted the terms and took the mint but added that if they were too hot, I would have to take responsibility. Comp chimes in by making note that it was I who was offering the mint and she was not responsible in any way (talk of betrayal). As I inquired a little later if all was okay, she gave the confirmation that all was well, so I avoided that lawsuit.


At the Luigi's Stop, R2L got out, she informs us she would be off tomorrow and back out on Friday (hint, hint, NC!) and wishes all a good day. 

Comp breaks down in a laughing fit at a discussion on massages and then leaves at her stop, (It it sometimes really embarrassing to witness her outbursts) and then the student taps me on the shoulder as she reaches her stop to say goodbye. 

It was indeed a pleasant trip today!!


Blessings!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments! We'll love to hear from you!